Sunday, October 30, 2016

Instant Read Cooking Thermometer Digital Food meat Thermometer

Whenever I cook at home, It is almost always on the grill and I always want to make sure things are cooked to the right temp before I pull them off. I already have a good Instant read thermometer that I use, but when this one became available, I wanted to get it and try it out as a back up.

Right off the bat, one of the things I didn't like about this thermometer is that you had to press the power button to turn the thing on. Now this isn't a real big issue, but lets say your in a hurry and forget to turn it off, well there goes your battery.

I do like how it has a long sharp probe and you are able to change from Celsius to Fahrenheit. It fits nicely within your hand and it has a handy meat temperature chart on the back.

I decided I wanted to put this up in a head to head test with my thermometer to see how it stacked up. I dispensed 10 OZ's of hot water through my coffee make and put the instant read thermometer in and it read about 173 degrees. I then dispensed another 10 OZ's of hot water and put my thermometer in and it read about 169 degrees.

The purpose of this test was too see how accurate the instant read thermometer truly was and the end result was that it read about 5 degrees higher than mine.

In My opinion, this Instant read Thermometer is just ok! You are better off spending the extra money to get one that is accurate because you count on accuracy when cooking or baking.


Disclaimer: I received this product at a discount but I am under no obligation to write a review. The choice was purely my own and I received no additional compensation.

Purchase Here





No comments:

Post a Comment