Sunday, October 16, 2016

HILLPOW SJ9000 Ultra HD 4K 16MP WIFI Action Camera

My Wife and I love doing things outdoors whenever we get the time to do so. I have always thought about getting an action cam so that we could record hikes and cycling adventures. I also used to scuba dive and an action cam would have been great to have back the, So when I saw this unit available for evaluation, I had to jump at the opportunity to test it out.

When the package arrived, I was really pleased with all the accessories it came with. It came with a waterproof case that allows you to go as deep as 30m ( approximately 90 ft ) and would be perfect if I decide to get back into scuba diving or even just using in under water period. This action camera came with 2 helmet mounts and a handle bar mount which is going to be awesome when we go out cycling. There are also other clips and accessories that came along with this camera as well.

The documentation that came along with this needs some improvements such as a larger font in my opinion. I had to literally use a magnifying glass to be able to read it. The camera is fairly easy to setup once you figure out that the Mode button on the front of the camera also acts as the Power On/Off. The QR code on the box that you scan to go get the APP for your phone ( In My Case Android ) took me to the APP that was all in Chinese, So I went to the APP store and did a search for XDV and was able to download the english version.

Once I got the APP downloaded and started, went into the settings on the camera and selected WiFi, I was able to connect up to the camera and Preview, Take a picture and start/stop recording of the video.

The action camera it self has a 16 megapixel 170 degree wide angle lens and can support up to a 64G Micro SD Card. In my testing of the camera, the video came out nice and clear as well as the still shot. This camera is going to be great in doing so many different things. I cant wait till our next hike or even cycle ride.

For the money, this camera is great and really the only room for improvement that I saw was the documentation.


Disclaimer: I received this product at a discount but I am under no obligation to write a review. The choice was purely my own and I received no additional compensation.

Purchase Here














No comments:

Post a Comment