Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Aodin Smart TV Box-Android 5.1 Lollipop Kodi 16.1-Octa Core

I am sure I am not the only one out there that feels the need to find a way to get rid of the high cost of cable/satellite service. When I saw this Android TV Box, I knew this was my opportunity to give it a try and see if it was possible for me to cut the dependency of TV Service.

The Aodin Android TV Box has 3 USB Ports, an HDMI port, an Optical Port and a Slot for a Micro SD Card up to 32 GB. The package also includes a USB Cable, Power adapter, RJ45 port and a Remote which requires 2 AAA Batteries. It also has builtin WiFi.

This box is runs Android Version 5.1.1 and Kodi is running version 16. The box itself has a 8 core Rockfish CPU and has 2GB/16GB memory.

When I fired up the box, It came preloaded with add ons for Kodi and while I was testing, I quickly figured out that I wanted to start fresh on Kodi and install a good build. After doing that, I was able to test the box out more and was able to watch some Top Movies that were being streamed as well as TV Shows that I Like and Sports.

As with any add ons/builds that you install for Kodi, you will undoubtedly run across some links that don't work or no streams at the time for movies and what not. This is the nature of the beast with Streaming TV/Sports/Movies over the internet. The streaming was a bit sluggish at times on WiFi, But did good on a Hard Connection. I am sure some of the buffing I encountered is due to the Streams and how much traffic there is.

I can say this after testing this box out and that is I am going to cut the cord here in another month or two as soon as my contract is fulfilled with my Satellite provider.

Watch My YouTube Review HERE


Disclaimer: I received this product at a discount but I am under no obligation to write a review. The choice was purely my own and I received no additional compensation.

Purchase Here










4 comments:

  1. Wow, cool post. I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article... but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though. https://smarttvbox.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article: https://citrusbits.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This TV box is already very backward, I think you need an Android 8.1 TV box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for being so honest and candid about the pros and cons of this smart TV box.

    ReplyDelete